Vegan Lemon Yoghurt Cake
The weekends are the perfect time for a bit of baking, and with Mother’s Day on Sunday we have the perfect recipe for you. Our vegan lemon yoghurt cake is full of citrus flavours and wonderfully moist thanks to nush foods dairy free almond yoghurt. Happy Baking!
190g Nush Original Almond Yoghurt
Zest of 1 lemon
½ Vanilla extract
320g all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
7 tbsp vegan butter – room temperature
300g powdered sugar, organic – sifting optional
2 tbsp Nush Original Almond Yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 9-inch spring form pan with olive oil. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, coconut sugar, applesauce, olive, lemon zest, lemon oil and vanilla. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let it sit in the pan on a cooling rack, until cool.
- Once the cake is cool, make the butter cream: Mix the vegan butter, powdered sugar, yoghurt, vanilla and salt together until ‘cream like’. Add a little more powdered sugar is too loose.
- Frost the cake with the butter cream and top with fresh raspberries. Enjoy!