Sticky Coconut Rice with Mangoes
Bring a taste of Thailand into your home with this refreshing sticky rice bowl accompanied by exotic, summery, mango.
- Steam the pudding rice until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut milk in a heavy pot and heat over medium heat until hot (but do not boil). Add the palm sugar and salt and stir to dissolve completely.
- When the sticky rice is tender, turn it out into a bowl and pour 1 cup of the hot coconut milk over it - reserve the rest. Stir to mix the liquid with the rice, then let stand for 20 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Meanwhile, peel the mangoes and cut the cheeks from the pit. Lay each mango half flat and slice thinly crosswise.
- To serve, place an oval mound of sticky rice on each plate and place a sliced half-mango decoratively beside it. Top with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds. Stir the remaining sweetened coconut milk thoroughly, transfer to a small serving bowl and spoon desired amount on the rice. Serve and enjoy!