WINTER CITRUS GALETTE
Bursting with flavour and an array of vitamins, this wintery galette is the perfect solution to those dull, wintery days.
For the crust:
6-8 tablespoons ice water
240g plain flour (you could also use wholemeal)
60g arrowroot starch
½ tsp psyllium husk powder
¼ tsp salt
6 tbsp butter (vegan or dairy)
For the filling:
3 Blood oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
3 large or navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
1 clementine, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp Biona Organic coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven at 190°C (170°C fan).
- In a large bow, combine the flour, starch, hush powder, sugar and salt. Scatter the butter over the mixture and combine with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the ice water, one teaspoon at a time until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into a ball and flatten into a 6-inch disc on a lightly floured piece of baking parchment. Wrap the dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Allow the dough to soften for 10 minutes before rolling.
- Whilst the dough is chilling, slice the citrus fruit, making sure all the pith is removed.
- When the dough is ready to roll, roll to a diameter of 12-14 inches. Make sure you use lots of flour to avoid sticking.
- Arrange the fruit in the middle of the dough, leaving a 2 inch gap around the edge.
- Gently fold the edges over the fruit, pleating as you go. Brush the edges with almond milk and sprinkle the whole galette with coconut sugar. Transfer the galette to a baking sheet & bake for 40 mins, until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the agave syrup. Cut into triangles and serve warm!