Vegan Mince Pies with a Twist
We've partnered up with our friends at Emma Bridgewater to bring you lots of festive recipes. Our first recipe combines our two favourite things about Christmas: Chocolate & mince pies. Made with our Organic Coconut Oil, these festive mince pies are perfect enjoyed with friends, family and lots of mulled wine.
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together in a bowl. Mix in the coconut oil until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the flax egg & chocolate spread until the mixture comes together in clumps (you may need to a little cold water). Knead the dough briefly until smooth, wrap in a beeswax wrap and leave to chill in the fridge for one hour. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.Mix the mincemeat, clementine zest and juice together in a bowl.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, and roll out to a thickness of 0.5cm/¼in. Using a 7.5cm/3in fluted cutter, stamp out 12 discs from the pastry and use them to line a 12-hole bun tin.
- Fill each hole with two teaspoons of the mincemeat mixture and brush the edges with a little plant milk. Using a 6cm/2½in fluted cutter, cut out 12 circles and use them to top the mince pies, pressing the edges together with your fingertips.
- Brush the top of each mine pie with more plant milk. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked through. Leave to cool and dust with icing sugar.