Vegan Hot Cross Bun Trifle
8 hot cross buns, toasted and torn - click here to make these!
6 tbsp sherry, brandy or Cointreau
1 x pack of raspberries
1 x pack of strawberries, sliced
1 x pack of blueberries
1 tsp mixed spice
3 tbsp caster sugar
25og vegan cream cheese
1 x 500g pot vegan custard
For the topping
1 x 400ml can Biona Organic Coconut Whipping Cream
2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Arrange the torn hot cross buns in the base of a glass trifle bowl.
- Slowly pour over the sherry, brandy or Cointreau so that it soaks into the buns.
- Drizzle over the caramel sauce, allowing it to seep down between the layers.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Mix the whipping cream, vegan cream cheese, mixed spice and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spoon this mixture over the top of the strawberries and gently push to the edges using the back of a spoon.
- Add another layer of torn hot cross buns.
- Pour over the custard and swirl to the edges of the dish using the back of a spoon.
- For the topping, whip the whipping cream until light and fluffy and then carefully spoon on top of the custard in peaks.
- Scatter with the pecans and some fresh raspberries and blueberries to finish. Serve immediately or chill for up to 6 hours before serving.