Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Break the chocolate into small chunks and place it in a microwave-safe bowl, with a splash of non-dairy milk (if using).
- Place the bowl over a water bath and heat up the chocolate slowly.
- When the chocolate has melted, stir or whisk it until creamy. Take the bowl off the heat to allow it to cool down slightly.
- Drain chickpeas into a clean bowl and add vanilla extract.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the aquafaba until stiff peaks form - this takes around 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the Agave syrup gradually, whilst continuing to whip.
- Once the chocolate has cooled down sufficiently, gently fold it into the whipped aquafaba using a spatula (it may deflate a little).
- Divide the mixture into 3 glasses, stirring the mixture between.
- Place the glasses in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or overnight, so the mousse sets.
- Whip the coconut whipping cream, and top the mousse with the cream and grated chocolate. Enjoy!