Vegan Almond Butter Toffee Apples
These sticky almond butter apples are the perfect treat to enjoy around the bonfire. Make an evening out of it and get creative in the kitchen with the kids by adding your own toppings. Our favourite is crushed roasted nuts!
- Line a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place lightly toasted chopped nuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to a small pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer the dates for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the water from the dates.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the toffee sauce in a food processor or blender. Blend until the caramel sauce is smooth, If the sauce is too thick, add another tablespoon or two of agave syrup and/or non-dairy milk.
- Pour the sauce in a small bowl for dipping.
- Insert a craft stick into each apple
- Roll the apples around in the toffee sauce.
- Set the apples on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the caramel apples in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to set.
- Then dip the bottoms of the apples in the chopped nuts.
- Return to the refrigerator to set for another 10 minutes or until serving.