Strawberry Jam Crumble Bars
Oaty, sweet and delicious, you won't be able to resist these bars of goodness.
110g Biona Organic Coconut oil, at room temperature
150g rolled oats
120g almond flour
120g oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt, plus one pinch
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 9 by 13-inch/23 by 33cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut oil, almond butter, and brown rice syrup in a large bowl and, using a wooden spoon, mix well.Add the rolled oats, almond flour, oat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla and almond extract and cinnamon to the butter mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into thirds. Press two-thirds of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan and reserve the remaining one-third for the topping.
- Stir together the jam, lemon juice, and salt and then spread the mixture evenly over the bottom crust. Crumble the remaining one-third dough over the jam filling.
- Bake the jam bars until golden brown around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- Let the pastry cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.