Rye Bread Cake
Light, chewy and indulgent, this Scandinavian style, chocolate rye bread cake is our new favourite way to enjoy our Organic Rye Bread. Get creative with this store cupboard staple and give this bake a try!
- Blitz the rye bread and the brazil nuts in a food processor to create breadcrumbs.
- Mix with the cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut sugar and flax eggs.
- Fold in the bread crumb mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into two lined tins and bake for 14 minutes at 180℃. Use a skewer to check if the cake mixture is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Whip 150ml of coconut cream in a bowl.
- Layer the cream over the top of each cake and on one of them spread lashings of Blackcurrant Jam.
- Place one cake on top of the other and scatter the chocolate over the top.