Gingerbread Recipe For Little Foodies
Create the perfect Christmas scene with our Gingerbread recipe; indulge in the warming notes of baked Gingerbread, the perfect activity for the whole family to enjoy on a cold, wintry day. Serve with tea, hot chocolate or even warmed milk. Accompany with mince pies for the ultimate Christmas combination.
To decorate: Ready-made writing icing
- Melt the coconut sugar, agave syrup and coconut spread in a saucepan, then boil for 1-2 mins (making sure a responsible adult takes charge). Leave to cool for about 10 mins.
- Tip the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices into a large bowl. Add the warm syrup mixture and the aquafaba.
- Stir everything together, then gently knead in the bowl until smooth and streak-free. The dough will firm up once cooled.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 mins.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, leave at room temperature until softened. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Print out our Little Foodies templates from our website to make the shapes.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin, then cut around the printed stencils with a knife (make sure an adult does this!).
- Re-roll the excess dough and keep cutting until it’s all used up.