Festive Yule Log
Is there anything more festive than a Yule Log? Our version in collaboration with our friends at @emma_bridgewater is made with our Dark Chocolate Spread and Coconut Whipping Cream for delightfulness in every bite.
3/4 cup aquafaba (from 1 x 400g tin of Biona Organic chickpeas)
60g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Biona Organic applesauce
Biona Organic Coconut oil for greasing
icing sugar for dusting
1 can Biona Organic Coconut Whipping Cream (refrigerate before whipping)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 390°F and lightly grease a swiss roll tray with coconut oil. Then line the tin with baking paper and grease the baking paper with oil to ensure the cake doesn’t stick.
- Pour the aquafaba into a food processor and blend for roughly a minute until it turns white and fluffy. Then add the coconut sugar and process again until the aquafaba and sugar are fully combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, applesauce and vanilla extract to the food processor, and gently process until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the cake mixture into the swiss roll tray and tap gently against the tray until the mixture is level.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the edges. Then leave it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dust the top of the cake with icing sugar. This will ensure the cake doesn’t stick to itself when you roll it.
- Line a chopping board with a tea towel and carefully invert the cake onto the tea towel. Gently peel off the baking paper and dust the bottom of the cake with icing sugar.
- Very slowly, start rolling the cake from one of the longer edges using the tea towel for friction. Make sure you roll the cake with the tea towel inside, then leave the cake to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk the coconut cream until light and fluffy.
- Once the cake has cooled, very carefully unroll it and put the tea towel to one side.
- Using a knife or spatula, place the coconut cream on the cake and smooth it out. Leave a cm gap around the edges so the cream doesn’t spill out when you roll the cake.
- Roll the cake back up again and transfer to your serving plate. Use the tea towel again if it makes it easier to move the cake.