Chocolate & Banana Energy Bars
If you're in need of an afternoon pick-me-up then these chocolate and banana energy bars will do the trick! Made with organic oats and coconut oil, they're deliciously nourishing and the perfect alternative to sugar filled snack bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180° degrees. In a food processor mix the bananas, peanut butter, agave maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse until a creamy mixture is achieved.
- In a big mixing bowl mix the oats, chopped nuts & seeds. Add the banana mixture and stir until combined. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and pressing down with a flat surface until the mix has evenly filled the pan.
- Bake the bars 40 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When they are cold, lift the bars with the parchment onto a cutting board. Cut the slab into bars.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath and drizzle over the cut oat bars.