Summer Berry Pavlova
Our Summer Berry Pavlova is the perfect vegan dessert. Aquafaba is the liquid you find in your can of chickpeas and interestingly it makes a great substitute for egg whites. Ideal if you are following a vegan diet or looking to be more experimental with your baking. Our easy to follow recipe is exactly what you need to produce a vegan dessert of dreams.
100ml Aquafaba (Drained liquid from approx. 1 tin Biona Organic Chickpeas)
100g Icing sugar
1 tbsp Cornstarch
½ tsp vanillaToppings:
400ml or 1 tin Biona Organic Whipped Coconut Cream
Sliced fruits of your choiceOptional toppings:
2 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 oC /160 oC fan/gas 4.
- Using a stand-mixer, whisk the aquafaba on high-speed until it forms stiff peaks. Reduce the speed to medium and slowly add the powdered sugar. Once all the sugar is added, increase the speed to high until you get an even, fluffy mix. Reduce the speed to low and add the remaining ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture on to a baking tray (or 2) lined with parchment paper. You will want to make 6 circles of meringue that are about 10 cm across. They might spread a bit in the oven, so give them a little room.
- Put the pavlova in the oven and turn the temperature down to 150oC/130 oC fan/gas 2.
- Bake for 90 minutes, then turn off the oven.
- Prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon and let the pavlova cool completely.
- Don’t worry if they look cracked or collapsed in the middle, you are can easily cover it up!
- Once they are cool, add dollop of whipped coconut cream and spread it around.
- Top with a mixture of your favourite fruits.