FREE SHIPPING WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £50!
Stuffed Butternut Squash
Serves: 6 |
Stuffed butternut squash makes a wonderful vegetarian main course. We stuff ours with brown rice, cranberries and feta. Serve with seasonal greens on the side.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the butternut squash, cut it in half lengthways, then remove and reserve the seeds.
- Use a spoon to score and scoop some flesh out, making a gully for the stuffing all along the length of the butternut squash.
- Finely chop the scooped-out flesh with the seeds and put into a frying pan on a medium heat with 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Peel, finely chop and add the onion and garlic, stirring regularly and adding the spinach and tomatoes.
- Stir into the pan with the rice and cranberries.
- Fry for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Pack the mixture tightly into the gully in the two butternut squash halves, then press the halves firmly back together.
- Rub the skin of the butternut squash with a little coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap the butternut squash in tin foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for around 2 hours, or until soft and cooked through.