FREE SHIPPING WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £50!
Pea Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Serves: 4 |
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutes
- For the Pesto:
- 1 handful of basil
- Half a handful of parsley
- 1 tin of Biona Organic Garden Peas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 75g toasted pine nuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 60g vegan parmesan, plus more for serving
- Pinch of sea salt
- 80ml Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the Pasta:
- 500g Biona Organic Pasta (we used fusilli, but any shape will work)
- 1 tbsp Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 75g Biona Organic Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime prepare the pesto. To a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, vegan parmesan cheese and sea salt. Process to combine. While the machine is running, stream in olive oil through the spout, until the pesto is fully combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity/brightness, vegan Parmesan for cheesy flavor, salt for saltiness, or peas for sweetness.
- Next add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Be sure not to overcook. Return to pan off heat and set aside.
- Once your pasta is drained, add the chopped garlic, a little more olive oil, the sun dried tomatoes and the pesto, toss to coat.
- Garnish generously with additional parsley, pine nuts, and vegan parmesan cheese.