FREE SHIPPING WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £50!
Hot & Smoky Beans on Toast
Serves: 4 |
Prep: 5 minutesCook: 1 hour
Give your bland beans an extra kick with this spicy beans on toast recipe, enhanced with a myriad of spices to ensure you experience our organic, additive-free produce at it's best.
- 2 tablespoons Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon chipotle paste
- 1 tablespoon Biona Organic Worcester Sauce
- 1 x 400g tin Biona Organic Chopped Tomatoes
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 2 x 400g tins Biona Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- To serve:
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Vegan butter
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fresh chillies, chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, celery and carrot until golden.
- Add the garlic, chillies, cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle paste and worcester sauce and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and thyme, and season. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Add the drained black beans and season again, then bring back to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, so the beans take on all the flavours already in the pan. You should end up with a thick mixture. If it’s too sloppy, continue to cook. Check for seasoning and stir in the coriander.
- To serve, toast the sourdough and spread with a little vegan butter. Spoon the hot beans on top and add the slices of avocado – squeezing over the lime juice at this point – more coriander, and sliced chillies. Serve immediately.