FREE SHIPPING WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £50!
Biona Tempeh Bolognese
Serves: 4 |
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutes
Ever wondered how to use tempeh? Try this easy bolognese sauce made with our crumbled tempeh for a great plant-based alternative to meat. It's really high in protein plus it soaks up all the flavour from the rich sauce. Serve with our organic spaghetti for a filling meal that takes no time at all!
- Heat a large-rimmed frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes until translucent and soft.
- Add mushrooms and stir. Sauté for 2 minutes more. Then add crumbled tempeh and garlic and stir. Then add tamari, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 4-5 minutes (or up to 10 minutes), stirring frequently, until everything is golden brown.
- Add the stock, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Then add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, vegan parmesan, and agave. Thin with water if needed. Stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more tamari or salt for saltiness, chilli flakes for spice, oregano for herbal flavor, tomato paste for depth of flavor, or vegan parmesan for cheesy flavor.
- Serve with Biona spaghetti and garnish with fresh basil.