FREE SHIPPING WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £50!
Banana Blossom Paella
Serves: 5 |
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutes
Spanish Paella reimagined, packed with an array of vegetables and Banana Blossom as an indulgent, seafood alternative.
- 350g Biona Organic White Risotto rice
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 400g (1 tin) Biona Organic Banana Blossom, drained and rinsed
- 400g Biona Organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into small pieces
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- A pinch of saffron
- An handful of fresh parsley to garnish
- 1 tbsp Biona Organic Italian olive oil
- In a large pan bring the veggie stock to a boil and add the saffron. Switch the heat off and leave it to one side.
- In a large frying pan over medium/high heat, fry the onion and garlic with the olive oil until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers and green beans to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and all the remaining spices and mix everything well together.
- Add the rice to the pan followed by the banana blossom and frozen peas, stir to combine. Pour the warm vegetable stock into the pan and mix. Lower the heat to a medium and leave the pan to let the rice absorb the liquid.
- After 15-20 minutes add the lemon wedges to the top of the paella. Continue to cook until the rice is fully cooked.
- Serve the paella with a handful of fresh parsley and enjoy!