Blackberry Oat Crumb Bars
(Makes 16 bars)
270g rolled oats
100g almond flour
½ tsp salt
100g coconut oil, melted
80ml maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
1 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas 4). Line a 23 x 23 cm pan with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Combine oats and salt in a food processor, and process until you have a flour. Add almond flour and pulse a couple of times to combine.
- In a small pot, met coconut oil over medium/low heat. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and almond butter until combined.
- Pour into oat mixture in food processor and process until mixture comes together (make sure there are not dry spots).
- Set aside 75g of oat mixture for topping. Evenly distribute and press down the remaining mixture in the parchment lined pan. Prick the crust with a fork a few times to allow steam to escape. Bake 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, add blackberries to food processor and pulse 3-4 times to break them up a little bit. Remove crust from oven and evenly distribute over crust. Crumble reserved oat mixture evenly over berries. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan for 1 hour. Remove from pan by lifting the edges of the parchment paper and cut into bars.