Satay Tofu Skewers & Spinach Salad
- 440g Biona Organic Firm Tofu
- Fresh Coriander
- Fresh Lime
- Crushed Peanuts
For the Marinade sauce:
- 200g Biona Organic Peanut Satay Sauce
For the Salad:
- 1/2 Tablespoon Biona Organic olive oil
- 1 Large Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Bunch of baby spinach
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 shredded red cabbage
- 85g chopped pecans
- 1 Shallot, sliced
For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tablespoons Biona Organic olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Biona Organic apple cider vinegar
- Dab the Tofu with a kitchen or tea towel until dry.
- When the tofu is dry, cut each block into 6 strips and then place them in the marinade sauce, using a spoon to make sure they are fully coated in the sauce.
- Leave the tofu in the marinade sauce for at least 20 minutes, and preheat the oven to 430F (220c)
- Place the tofu carefully onto a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning over at the fifteen-minute mark and then putting it back in for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the salad; place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar, secure the lid and shake to mix. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with ½ tbsp olive oil. Add the apple slices and cook for 30-60 seconds. Place all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl, add the apple and toss. Toss the entire salad with the vinaigrette, mix it all up and serve.
- Remove the tofu from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before skewering them on the satay sticks.
- Serve the skewers with the remaining Biona Satay Sauce, fresh coriander, fresh lime, crushed peanuts & the spinach salad.