Lentil Meatballs with fresh Tomato Sauce
· 200g Biona Organic Beluga Lentils, drained
· 1 Onion, diced
· Drizzle, Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
· 4 tbsp rolled oats
· 1 lemon, zested
· Biona Organic White Spaghetti (optional) to serve
· 1 garlic clove, crushed
· 1 can Biona Organic Chopped Tomatoes
· Basil, a small handful
· Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Rinse the lentils well, then simmer in boiling water for 15 minutes until starting to go soft. Fry the onion in a drizzle of oil until soft but not brown, and allow to cool. Drain the lentils well and put in a blender with the cooled onion, mushrooms, oats and lemon zest. Pulse until the mix is combined (but don’t blend to a mush). Season, and roll into 16 balls, then put them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm, turning them halfway through.
· Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce by frying the garlic in some olive oil for a minute before adding the tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cook the spaghetti and drain well. Season the tomato sauce, and stir in the basil. Add the balls to the spaghetti, spoon over the tomato sauce, and serve.