Ingredients (waffle batter)
4 large eggs
1 tbsp Biona Organic Agave & Maple Syrup
1 Pinch salt
2 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Oil
90ml Biona Organic Coconut Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
80g Biona Organic Coconut Flour
¼ tsp baking powder
150g blueberries, raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar to serve
TO PREPARE coconut flour waffles, start preheating a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine the eggs, maple syrup, salt, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder, and beat well until no longer lumpy.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Grease the waffle iron with non-fat cooking spray, butter or oil.
- Ladle the batter into the iron and close.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the iron and keep warm to one side.
- Cook the remaining batter in the same fashion.
- Serve the coconut flour waffles, stacked, with blueberries, raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar over the top.