1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut sugar
4 tbsp honey/brown rice syrup
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup polenta
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp bicarb
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
2/3 cup cashew nuts
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
3 tbsp agave/honey
Fresh berries and 1 passion fruit to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- To make the cake batter, add the coconut sugar, coconut oil and sweetener into a food processor and blend to cream all of the ingredients together.
- Next, crack in the eggs and blend again until well combined.
- Now add in all of the dry ingredients and blend until everything is completely mixed and you're left with a really smooth batter.
- Pour this into your cake tin and smooth over the surface. Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes and then cover with some foil and bake for a further 8 minutes. You'll know when the cake is ready, when you can pierce it with a skewer and it comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- For the coconut frosting, in a high speed blender, mix together the coconut milk, cashew nuts and sweetener until really smooth and creamy.
- Pour the frosting over the cake and garnish with lots of fresh berries and the passionfruit seeds.